Saturday, September 27, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love

Good Saturday Everyone!

To go along with my current weight-loss goal, I wanted a new book to listen to on my MP3 player while I run and walk daily. I recently saw Elizabeth Gilbert on Oprah talking about her new book "Eat, Pray, Love". As I was browsing my local library, there it was, looking me right in the face.

"What a coincidence!" my brain thought, but I just laughed at it. I've come to know better than to lend weight to accidental occurrence. There's simply no such thing.

I'd felt a kinship with this woman as she talked about how lost she'd felt and how she'd wanted to experience life and herself and God. I knew I wanted to read this book, and there it was.... in CD form, exactly as I'd have wanted it. Perfect timing... of course.

Well, this is the point where I tell you all that I LOVE THIS BOOK! I feel as though this woman is feeling my feelings. Although her path lead her through a life where she had to hit rock bottom to find her way up, I found that her path was still the same as my own. Her learning process and the way things hit her and when. Much of the time, as I'm listening to her voice, reading me these words she so passionately wrote, I think, "WOW! If I had articulated those feelings of mine, they'd have emerged in the exact same phrases as hers!"

I'm only 2/3 through the book, but I had to come here and talk about it briefly. I want to VERY highly recommend this book to all of you. Here's a link.

Eat, Pray, Love - By Elizabeth Gilbert

I hope you all had a fantastic Saturday! See ya later.

Peace & Love,

El

0 comments:

 

This Blog Has Moved!!!

Please visit & bookmark my new blog at:
The Smiling Spirit
Memoirs of a Domestic Goddess Finding Joy in Life!!

 

 

FREE Ebook


Click here to get your copy of this FREE Ebook!

Search